Ardea Refit and Refurbishment

When we found the Ardea, it was clear that it had gone unloved for some time. For us, this boat was perfect. We made a list of projects that would be necessary to make the boat into what we have today, (and later added a whole lot more). We replaced the headliner, the propane system and stove, the cushions and beds, the heads, and the art immediately. Then we had the bottom redone, replaced all of the through-hulls and seacocks, did some fiberglass work around the boat and on the rudder, and overhauled the engine. We added all new running rigging, standing rigging, and some gorgeous North sails. We re-wired and replaced the electrical panels, added solar & wind power, a new charger, alternator, and batteries. We updated the instruments as well. Essentially, we spent a year and a half refurbishing our beautiful Ardea, and learning a whole lot in the process. We are super excited to share our home with you!

Demolition
Demolition
press to zoom
Working up the mast.
Working up the mast.
press to zoom
The new propane system.
The new propane system.
press to zoom
Fitting the new stove.
Fitting the new stove.
press to zoom
Installing the new headliner.
Installing the new headliner.
press to zoom
Wiring the new LED lighting.
Wiring the new LED lighting.
press to zoom
The new head.
The new head.
press to zoom
Building the furler.
Building the furler.
press to zoom
North Sails mainsail.
North Sails mainsail.
press to zoom